It’s time to embrace ownership of your life.
If you are looking for someone else to do it for you…
It won’t happen.
No more expecting someone else to solve your problems.
- Take charge.
- Be resourceful.
- Create opportunities.
Owning your life starts by intentionally and consistently owning the story you create for your life.
Intentionally and consistently creating a better story for yourself starts by creating better thoughts which lead to better actions, better insights, and better ideas.
You live in a world created by the stories you most consistently tell yourself.
It may be a confident story echoing loudly your internal belief in your self-worth.
Yeah, let’s not go there.
You have already lived that other story. You have already lived in that place where you allowed the words, feelings, attitudes, looks, etc. of other people to dictate how you feel about yourself.
“Owning our story can be hard, Brené Brown teaches, “but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it.”
Brené Brown continues, “Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy – the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.”
It’s time to do something better… It’s time to embrace your future. Here’s a simple Power of Three formula you can start implementing today.
- VISION – Create a vision for what your best life looks like. This can include things you want to achieve, income levels, new jobs, etc. But more importantly, I encourage you to focus on who you want to BE and the qualities that create the best version of yourself. For today write down 3 core qualities you want to focus on.
- STRATEGY – A vision is a big picture. A strategy is simply a path that leads to your vision. For today, write down 3 steps you can start taking action on, steps that will move you forward towards your vision.
- PROMISE – The power of promises is their ability to hold you accountable to your vision and your strategy. Much stronger than simply setting goals (that often have no real self-accountability), promises empower us to intentionally stay focused and keep going when we want to be distracted and want to quit.
This simple Power of Three will empower you to show up with more confidence strength, and courage, more compassion, empathy, and love.
Own who you are today, strengthen your weaknesses, magnifying your strengths.
- Choose to live fully in the present.
- Allow your past to shape but not define your life.
- Choose to intentionally and consistently create your future.
That’s the story you can create. That’s the story you can manifest as true. That’s the story you can live.
Have a great Monday! Thanks for letting me share.
p.s. Take 13 minutes to focus on steps you can take today to create your future.
Lead Image by Angela Yuriko Smith, Pixabay
RED EDGE MENTORING – STORY | STRATEGY | SERVICE
EMPOWERING LEADERS TO CREATE a STORY of GREATNESS, a STRATEGY of SUCCESS, and to SERVE with LOVE your Family, Team, & Customers.